Friday, May 31, 2019

A Busy Year - by Liam Rust

This year has been the busiest of my whole school career. Here's some of the things I have done:

FALL DRAMA
Ah, yes, the fall drama. One of my favorite parts of the year. It's a commitment. You practice almost every day after school, and it can be tiring at times. But, you bond with the cast, making friends along the way, and you get to perform a great play at the end of it. This year, it was an older play called You Can't Take it With You. I was Grandpa -  funny and sarcastic, yet wise. It was a great time, and I'm already excited for the next one (though I don't even know what it is yet).

SPRING MUSICAL
A picture taken at one of the performances of Willy Wonka. Left is me, right is Claire Riley, playing Charlie Bucket.
The other acting I did this year, the spring musical. It's a bigger commitment, with songs and dances to memorize. But, just as with the fall drama, you make friends, and you just have a great time along the way. This year, we performed Willy Wonka. I was Mr. Bucket, father of Charlie Bucket. Come to think of it, a lot of my roles are dads... I think I'm being typecasted. Anyways, that's besides the point. Another fun production!

CHOIRS
A picture I took from on stage at Carnegie Hall.
I've lumped these ones together because there are so many. I'm in the Men's Choir, Freshman Select, Shacappella, and Honors Choir, and we've done a lot this year. Besides the winter and spring concerts, Shacappella has done numerous other performances, such as at the Northern Highlands Acappella Festival, and also at a competition in Roxbury. The Honors Choir has also been doing stuff. The most notable one has been Carnegie Hall, where we performed just this past weekend. It was amazing, to say the least. We got to work with professionals, and seeing Carnegie Hall itself is just... I don't have the words for it.

MORE CHOIRS
Oh, I also auditioned for and got accepted into the County Choir and Region Choir groups, which were more difficult because there are less rehearsals, but a blast. And, I got accepted into the All State Choir, so I will have more to do next year!

These are just the performing things that I can remember. I mean, this year has been so busy I can't even remember most of the stuff I did. On top of all this, this year has had some of the biggest workloads in regards to schoolwork I've ever had. Lots of late nights finishing work (though most of the time it's just my own fault due to my chronic procrastination, but shhhhhhh we don't need to talk about that). It's been exhausting, doing all of this, but I love it. I hope to do even more next year. Who needs sleep, anyways?

1 comment:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...