Friday, May 31, 2019

Dreamland by Maddie DiMarco



Image result for surrealism dream artWhere do you go when you're not quite dead?
Where do you go when you're tucked and swaddled in your bed?
What happens to you when your eyes fall closed,
When your face goes blank and you're in sleep's throes?


When your body falls still but your mind doesn't cease,
What illusions are you spinning to put yourself at ease?
Or maybe your head breeds blood instead of a sunrise,
Something wicked to haunt the shadows behind closed eyes?


Image result for dream art
They're supposed to make sense, but what do they mean?
How do you decipher the plots of your dreams?
They're half-written stories and incoherent notes,
A marked path to the mind but a sinking boat


Image result for surrealism dream artI'd like to learn the reasons behind what my dreams compose
I want to understand what they're trying to say, what they know
They're not real, not really, though that's not how it seems,
Because the true mind springs to life in land of dreams



1 comment:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...