Sunday, September 9, 2018

She is the Fall by Tess Gori

Her dark eyes are the envy of the warm, brown leaves
as they aspire to match her depth and beauty.


Her tanned skin,
harbors the memory of the summer's warmth and effervescence,
as her welcoming arms shield you,
from the bitter cold,
and inspire feelings of safety.


while her long black curls,
fall down her back
like leaves from a beautiful tree,


her voice,
as smooth as the fall wind,
offers comfort to each person who hears it


She is my mother,
and her presence,
mirrors the Fall.




18 comments:

  1. Ok Tessa I see you with the utterly fantastic writing. 10/10 I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful poem and a sweet tribute to your Mom! She is lucky to have a daughter like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this oh my gosh you're such a good writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so well written! I love how you used the theme of fall in such a unique way. Great job Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem was moving and so well written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the imagery and details you used, the poem is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beatiful tess

    ReplyDelete
  10. This writing is absolutely beautiful and you and the way you used the topic of this month and incorporated your mom was very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, so kind and loving. Amazing, Tessa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great word choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was so sweet! Your writing is incredible Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet! I love how you associated fall with your mom it was really creative!

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...