Tuesday, April 30, 2019

What do I write about? Akshat Iyer

What do I write about?
You always hear me say
As I stare at a computer screen
In great dismay.

Seconds pass by,
A minute, An hour.
As I sit there at my desk,
I am not used to this power...




























...wait, this is still a blank screen?
I didn't know that it was due today
What do I write about, how do I finish?
Just anything that pops in my head?

No, no, I can't,
It doesn't make any sense
Why would I write about what pops in my head,
It all sounds so dumb

It doesn't make any sense...
It doesn't make any sense...
It doesn't make any sense................

Wait just a second.
I just did it.
I'm writing whatever pops in my head.
It all makes sense now,
I see words on the screen,
Cursor blinking rapidly,
awaiting my next words...

It all makes sense now.

I know what to write about.

It all makes sense now.
It all makes sense.
This isn't about content,
It doesn't have to be intense
All I have to do
is to entertain,
and the best way to perform that
is to share you my pain
while reading this over.



Thank you, and I hoped I entertained you
instead of wasting 2 minutes of your life.
Image result for writer's block

4 comments:

  1. i have no idea what to write about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meta... nice. I was tempted to do this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was literally me this entire month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha nice angle on this one!

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...