Friday, May 24, 2019

Scrape Pong- By Thomas Dean

Image result for scraperScrape pong is a game made in STEM
Two people on each side, we play to 10
We make our net with several boxes of gloves
lined up horizontally, the game is tough
We play on a table which is black
if the ball is hit high you should quickly attack
We originally played the game with our hands
That is until we found scapers in the clay-filled cans
Our paddles may be scrapers, we used for clay
However they have much more meaning, they enhance our play
Some will tell you that they are the best
Image result for ping pong ballsbut it is not true, I am, many can attest
 I beat Luke, Rock, and Kyle to name just a few
I do not play tennis in school but I play like I do
Rock will tell you his backhand is without contest
But trust me, he plays far from the best
Luke will say his service is without compare
That is until I easily return it, with the force of a bear
Kyle plays tennis, and that is nice
But in this scenario, your skills do not seem to suffice
They marvel at my skill, eyes full of gleam
Little do they know, my dad was the captain of his tennis team
Some say it's luck, or maybe my genes
But it is simpler than that, I just cannot be beat
Luke may have found the ball in a drawer he has played the longest
But I picked up the game quickly, I soon became the strongest
I move around the court like a graceful gazelle
Where will the ball go next? No one can tell
The game may resemble ping pong, considering its name
However, these games are by no means the same
Image result for box of latex glovesScrape Pong is more creative, innovative and fun
Scrape Pong can be played in the moon or sun
Ping Pong is exuberates conformity
But Scrape Pong displays an idea lacking normality
If you would like to play we will be in STEM period 4, 272
I hope to see you there, come on in, I suggest you do

1 comment:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...