Monday, April 29, 2019

My Favorite Thing by Gianna Gorvan

   Okay, I must admit, creative writing is a topic that I struggle with because there are so many options, so today I decided to share a little bit of myself and my favorite thing. 
   If you know me at all, you probably know that my favorite thing in the world is the sky. More specifically, I am a sucker for sunsets. It is something that, even those who don't know me well, can probably infer as it makes up all of my social media. No matter what happens, everyday there is a sunset, no matter the weather or the season, the day ends with the sun going down and the sky lights up all different colors, and even when it isn't bright pink or orange, a special glow seems to form. It is simply magical. The sun slowly lowers down and a bold, beautiful painting erupts, taking over my mind as I stare out my bedroom window. 
   Every. Single. Day. I hear my mom call out to me "G... Look at the sky," and we meet to take in the enchanting view lying outside, blanketing the sky. It is a time that no matter how hectic the day is, we come together for, and I just think that is so important, however, the shock of the sky's beauty does not stop within the walls of my home. There is no exaggeration when I say this, every time the sun goes down, nearly everyone in my recent messages will get a text message. The few people I speak to everyday have begun to text me even before I can do so, because they know it's coming, and I feel lucky that I get to share a bond over something like this with so many people.
   Aside from the pretty colors, the sunset helps me to find the light, after the worst days I will find myself compelled to watch the day come to an end, because it is a phenomenal ending. It shows me that something good comes at the end of everything. Even in the darkest of times, the sun will still rise and set, presenting the world with stunning colors and a natural glow. This is amazing, and the hot pink and orange that floods my backyard is a bonus! 
   I recently saw a post that read, "Forever that person that gets really excited when the sky is in pretty colors," and I have never actually related to something more. The sky makes me "EEK," which is not something I do often, only for extreme emotions, which I think is saying something. How cool is it that we exist in the same world as the sky does, something so fascinating? We get to look at the most incredible thing, I've ever stumbled upon, nearly every day of our lives.  The sky is my piece of Heaven on Earth, something that keeps me and my sense of positivity and wonder going. If the sun can continue to shine and bring such great things to the world, even in the bitter cold or pouring rain, it makes me think I can too. I will never get over my obsession with the sky. 







1 comment:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...