Thursday, May 30, 2019

High School by Emma Sears

High school.
It's waking up at 6 am, long before the sun rises.
Struggling to keep up with 8 classes, 8 forms of tests and torture.
Mindless facts being shoved in my brain, topics that will never matter to me.
Surrounded by people who probably don't know my name, maybe they never will.
Days where I plaster a fake smile on my face, concealing the loneliness haunting me.
These four years couldn't go by any faster.

We could look at our high school years as burdens, as negatives, but there are also moments that make showing up to school everyday worthwhile. 

Moments where I can't stop laughing.
Being proud of small victories, when I don't expect to succeed and I somehow manage.
Surrounded by the girls I met in grade school, the new friends I've made in recent years, and the best friend that I've known since I was 2.
Nostalgia sets in, and I realize I'll miss these times when they're gone, and my closest friends will be scattered across the country at various colleges.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, enjoy it while you have it! Time goes by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna miss you so much in college :(

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...