Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Summer Is Near by Maura O'Hare

Spring is now here
everyone is excited
this means summer is near
and the thought is delighting

The grass is green and the sky is blue
Flowers have begun to bloom
The sun is out and children play
lemonade stands that last all day

Time to play and swim in the lake
No more tests that we have to take
Summer is near, school is out
No more work to think about

Summer is near and we must be prepared
For the sand in our toes and the salt in our hair
The endless walks on the beach that last all night
Sitting around the warm campfire, fascinated by the sight

We must enjoy these months while they last,
before this summer becomes the past.

Image result for summer


3 comments:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...