Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Hypocrisy by Jessica Steel

Hypocrisy

"I don't demean women" 
He said, taking the defensive
"Chick" is just the pair to "dude"
He looked around seeming apprehensive

"It was just a joke" 
He asserted looking betrayed
He called his friend, a stay at home dad, a "good wife"
Like that's the only role women have ever played

"You can't hit a baseball"
He taunted eyes red and beady 
Does it even matter? 
Can't hit a baseball, just a softball, what a pity

"Girls can't handle a long leash"
He exclaimed, thinking himself wise
If men and boys could handle it
Maybe girls could feel safe being alone outside

"Women suck"
On what jurisdiction?
You claim this, and then kiss your wife and miss your mother
Do you see the hypocrisy in your station?

"If a woman can't handle the advancement of a man,
 then she can't handle herself."
I'm sorry? Excuse me? Did that bile just come out of your mouth?
A man should learn to handle and control his self

Advancement can mean many things
Their's a fine line between flirty and dangerous
It's not hard to stay on the right side
The notion that we are to blame is simply ridiculous

"I don't demean women"
What a hypocrite you are 
Claiming to be a gentlemen 
If you are a gentlemen then I guess we've lowered the bar


Image result for girl hitting baseballRelated imageImage result for girl hitting baseballImage result for girl hitting baseballImage result for girl hitting baseballImage result for girl hitting baseball
Related image

1 comment:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...