Tuesday, April 30, 2019


Jealousy~ By Julia McEllen

In class right now we are discussing the idea of evil, and how it forms in society. I was reviewing in my head everything we have discussed so far and started thinking of all the evil we see in the world today. This led me down the path of trying to pinpoint the origin of evil itself. With minimal luck, I realized that evil can be formed in many different ways. However, I also realized that there are many encouragers of evil. One of these encouragers that I kept returning to in my train of thought was jealousy. Jealousy is something that I am not a stranger to. I have come across this in people many times throughout my life, and realize that jealousy can easily encourage an individual and others around them to spark evil actions and intentions. So, with this in mind, I have decided to take the inspiration and write about the essence of jealousy in a human being and how quickly and drastically it can get out of hand. 

Jealousy 
It embodies
So much more 
Than just your brain
It works its way in
Down into your red pumping heart
Turning each blood vessel to licorice black
Darker and darker as you crave for more
Hunting people down for a taste of their world
Feeding off of their cherry blood to replace your darkness 
Satisfying yourself as you leave with their blood overflowing your being
Jealousy flows through your heart and to your fingers as you reach
Nothing in your mind but that of what you don't have
Still reaching after you took away the person you craved
Licorice blood bubbles in your pumping heart once again
Your cravings replaced new with more black cravings
It reaches the tips of your fingers
Yearning for another taste of them
More of their cherry blood
So much more
Is never
Enough
Image result for creepy hands reaching out     

3 comments:

  1. This poem is so good Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg jules I love love love love this poem and how you related it to our unit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent and a little creepy!

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...