Wednesday, February 27, 2019

My future family- Nuala Hynes

     Thinking about family, I started wondering on what I wanted my future family to look like. To be honest, I don't really know what I want. I don't feel the need to get married and I don't really want to have kids of my own. I would rather adopt children and give kids in need a home than have my own children and contribute to the crisis of over population. The one thing I know I would like is dogs. Any size and any breed, I love dogs. One thing I really want to do is adopt really old dogs who are not going to live for a long time and give them a home. Those dogs need a place to be cared for in the last moments of their life rather than living out their time in a concrete kennel. 
     So many dogs are homeless and especially so many old dogs have no home. Puppies get cared for and adopted in the snap of a finger and can you blame them? I mean, yeah, they're really cute and really cuddly and you get to play with the extra skin hanging off their face. I get it, puppies are new and shiny but those dogs you see in the corner of the kennel matter also. They are also fun and nice and snuggly. I have a 10 year-old dog at the moment and he is probably the best friend I have ever had. I've played with puppies and younger dogs but I would never give up Cody for anything. Dogs are better than people, there I said it.- Nuala Hynes

3 comments:

  1. Adoption of both children and dogs sounds like a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for all the old dogs in animal shelters! I find it so amazing you want to give these dogs all life before they pass. This piece was really well written.

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...