Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Forgotten By: Laramie Kipp


Everything will come to an end. No matter how sad or gruesome it may seem, it's true. It's inevitable. But, even after you die your family will never forget about you. Every scent, every object, every activity you used to do will bring back the old memories you once shared. That one Friday night family dinner where you spilled Matzo ball soup all yourself and all you can remember is you and your family were laughing. Laughing so hard that our stomachs began to hurt.  I know this may seem obvious but, the people who are your true friends and family will never forget about all these things you used to do. All the quirks. Imperfections. The essential oils that would fill the house walls and linger for hours on end. Everything I once took for granted are none gone. But, one thing I know for sure is that all of my memories of you will never be forgotten. All the family dinners. All the times you helped me with homework. All the times you would read my favorite book to me. Every scent that reminds me of you transports me back to a time when we were together. The lavender scent that filled our lungs. Filled our walls. Filled our hearts. But now our hearts, our souls and our walls are empty. Family dinners will never be the same without you. I will never be able to look at Matzo ball soup without the memory of you flooding my mind. But, one thing is for sure. You will never be forgotten.
Image result for lavender scent
Image result for memories

4 comments:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...