Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Something Worth Saving by Reagan Rech

The truth is;
Politicians are lying,
About our planet that’s dying,
Our beautiful home,
Is lacking in biome,
Because of human action,
The planet is now just a fraction,
Of its once former glory,
Now allow me to tell you a story,
About the scary fate we are approaching,
One about hunters poaching,
Plastic polluting the seas,
Forests running out of trees,
Rainforests being chopped,
Ocean pH being dropped,
Literally everything is dying,
It’s truly terrifying,
It’s not fair how we continue thriving,
While many ecosystems are barely surviving,
Yet we have the audacity,
To make mother Earth exceed her carrying capacity,
Long story short,
We’re hurting a planet that we can’t abort,
We need to save our gorgeous Earth,
Before everything is extinct or dearth,
Before we do things we need to think more,
And know that what I said isn’t just some fictitious lore.
Image result for ecosystems going extinctImage result for rainforest

2 comments:

  1. Well done - this sounds like a rap to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem - it is crucial that we do all that we can to help preserve our planet and all of the organisms it sustains. We must be the generation which makes positive actions to save our Earth!

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...