Friday, May 31, 2019

Shower Thoughts by Nick Furnari


Image result for darkness and light          Inspiration and creativity are the rarest elements on Earth, especially in today's day in age. There is nothing new under the sun. Although, anything can start with just one idea, one idea to build off of and grow. Therefore I have made a list of shower thoughts that can hopefully inspire you and me to think more creatively now, and in the future. If you haven't heard of them before, shower thoughts are just like cool and odd thoughts that get you thinking, I thought that it could be a way to get some creative juices flowing, the gateway to great ideas. I will be able to return to this list if I ever need an idea for a writing prompt, a video, or just something new, and hopefully you can too. So without further ado, here is my list of as many shower thoughts that I could find, or think of that could, with luck, inspire some ideas. Enjoy.

1. "Darkness defines the light" The stars can't shine without darkness. It is only the darkness that gives the light its value. Everyone experiences darkness, but it is the darkness that makes light a reality.

2. "Earth is purgatory/limbo" Everybody has heard of Heaven, the perfect utopia beyond the clouds, and Hell, the fiery pit of torment far below. But what about purgatory? Some people don't believe in purgatory and some people aren't religious nevertheless, what if purgatory is Earth? The mortal life, testing you to achieve your final destination. The perfect middle between heaven and hell. Each is given one chance, a life with highs and lows, and forced to maneuver through it in order to determine your place after...

3. "2 villains attacking 1 hero is bullying, but 2 heroes attacking 1 villain is teamwork" This thought really got me thinking about perspective, and how there are two sides to every story. This also supports why we root for the bad guys if they are the ones we follow and understand. For example in the show, Breaking Bad, Walter White is a criminal and yet we are rooting for him the whole time as he is the character that the show focuses on. It is so easy to get caught up in the side you are being shown and hard to look at the situation in the full picture some times.

4. "At some point in time, someone must have been wrongly accused by poisoning a royal, because of a food tester with allergies." I just saw this, and I thought this could be a really interesting idea for a creative writing prompt.

5. "Being an adult is when your friends come over and you hang out in the living room rather than your bedroom." This reminded me that adults are just big kids, they are the same as us and we have more relatable experiences then we think. They were in our position once, and we will be in their's in the future.

6. "The brain named itself." I though this was a cool fact, and I wanted to share it. I don't know if this could help to inspire an idea but I thought it was cool nonetheless. Maybe this thought can get you thinking more about our own brains, how our intelligence is the biggest factor separating us from other animals. Our higher level emotions, and functions, created moral standards for society, and made mankind prosper above all other living things.

7. "What if the brain is a parasite controlling our bodies." The previous thought made me think of this one, I believe this concept has the potential to be the focus of a science fiction novel or film. What do you think?

8. If the gradual erosion of telomeres could be prevented, is eternal life a possibility?" You need to know a little bit about biology for this one, but this could be another cool concept for science fiction.

Image result for the brain

There are plenty of other shower thoughts out there, hopefully you can use them to get inspired to start something new, build off an idea, or use them as a concept for a prompt. I hope these thoughts got your creative juices flowing and if you have any shower thoughts of your own, please comment! I'd love to read them.


1 comment:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...