Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Nostalgia by Sarah McGovern








Lately I've been thinking a lot about how fast life goes by and you really don't have time to waste. This year has gone by especially speedy (I think we can all agree, right?), and it's made me feel really old. I mean, not really old, but more like a "I can"t believe I'm almost 16 and halfway through high school"type of feeling. So in spirit of that I wanted to make a list of things that make me extremely nostalgic and maybe you can relate.
1. Razor scooters: You all know the feeling of a razor scooter to the shin. I don't even have to describe it. 
Related image2. Those ice pops: I don't actually know the real name of these but I do know that they hit different on really hot days in summer.
3. Silly bands: Icy. Kind of painful from cutting of the circulation to your arm, but so icy.
4. Orange Crocs: This is specific but orange was my go to croc color back in the day and when I see kids wearing them it's like getting sucked back to the golden years. The sound of walking in crocs with wet feet after going swimming is probably one of the most distinctive sounds.
Image result for heelys5. Heelys: Words can't even describe the envy I had (still have) for kids that had Heelys. My mom refused to buy me them and I was RAGING. Fun story: my elementary school in Virginia, Aldrin Elementary, had little stop signs in the hallways for kids with Heelys like little roads. I never got to use the stop signs.... I'm over it I swear.
6. 1-800-588-2300 Empire Today: Why was this commercial on all the time and why is it so implanted in my brain.
Image result for empire today
7. Webkinz: The only thing I asked for for birthdays and Christmas for 5 years was Webkinz. No regrets.
8. Marble Blast: This game. This freaking game. Words can't describe the obsession I had with it. My brother, sister, and I would sit around our family computer and take turns playing. I don't even know if people know about this game because I've told people about and it they have no idea what I'm talking about. So drop a comment down below if you played Marble Blast too.
9. The Strawberry Shortcake game for Game Boy: If you know you know.
Image result for bobby jack monkey10. Bobby Jack the monkey: This is another thing that I don't think was very popular but this monkey was the coolest thing in the world to second grade Sarah. So cool that I literally dedicated my room theme to him when I first moved to Sparta. Seriously. I had my walls painted hot pink with brown and pink bubble stickers all around it with a comforter with Bobby Jack himself on it.
11. Movies: Camp Rock, Bolt, Brother Bear, WALL-E (I had a beach towel with him on it up until last year), The Shaggy Dog, High School Musical 1, 2, and 3, Lemonade Mouth, Let It Shine, the Hannah Montana movie, Another Cinderella Story,
12. Songs: This is going to be long.
   Kissin U by Miranda Cosgrove, Replay by Zendaya, This Is Me by Demi Lovato, The Climb by          Miley Cyrus, any Hannah Montana song ever (especially Let's Get Crazy), Naturally, Tell Me     Something I Don't Know, and Who Says by Selena Gomez, Year 3000 by the Jonas Brothers, Pretty     Brown Eyes by Cody Simpson, Oath by Cher Lloyd, Hurricane by Bridget Mendler, Beautiful Girls     by Sean Kingston, Classic by MKTO (fun fact: if you watch the show Lost, Walter is one of the two   guys of this band), Crazier by Taylor Swift.

The early 2000's were a wild time. Hopefully you're feeling nostalgic now.




2 comments:

  1. I love this post. You will forever look back on this list and remember those times fondly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so good, I related to most of it so much. But what the heck is marble blast and bobby jack the monkey? Hahah

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...