Monday, April 1, 2019

Voicemails by: Kaela Burke

I’m sorry I was late, I got tangled up in your mystery, trying to decide if I should pull on all the loose threads in your sweater.
I want to know every stitch on your skin and soul, but I want to take my time, unravel your every hair tuck, nail bite, and eye roll one by one.
I want to know everything that makes color bloom high on your cheeks, laugh at every silly bug that makes your skin crawl. 
I want to fall in love with all the perfect pieces of you one at a time, until I can weave myself through your threadbare heart, and patch it up until it’s covered head to toe with stupid flower embroidery and cross stitches and buttons and denim and every pattern fabric you can think of, until the idea of it ever breaking is laughable.
I want to be your everything, your sun and moon and stars, but it might take a little while, so call me back, yah?
I’ll be waiting by the phone until you come around. 


Image result for red phone drawing

4 comments:

  1. You and your quick posts! Love the creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me weirdly sad but in a good way. My heart feels heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will always be my favorite piece of yours. My aesthetic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're incredibly talented, but everyone already knows that- so i'm glad you're utilizing your talent in works like these :)

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...