Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Road to a Perfect Squat- By Thomas Dean

Image result for bad squat formIt all started in STEM, we were learning about joints
But when asked to do a squat, my form was far from on point
Horrible, embarrassing, disappointing and sad
"We've never seen someone do a squat so bad"
I pondered about my substandard form a lot
And that's when I knew, I had to learn the perfect squat
I went home, I was excited, I pushed the table aside
But my squats were inadequate, despite how much I tried
I then went to bed and woke up the next morning, without any hunger
I knew when I got to school, they'd ask if I could squat after my slumber
As each class went by, I felt more glaring eyes upon me
It was as if they already knew that I have the squat form of an uprooted tree
Image result for chest press
I went back home, with anger coursing through my veins
I knew that squats were my existence's bain
I went back to the drawing board, with determination and zeal
And that's when I knew, the problem was in my heels
Simply squat with your toes and heels both on the ground
And everyone will deem your squats to be sound.
I ran into my room and squatted for hours, after a simple readjust
And at this point, I knew, of my classmates, I had the strongest gluteus maximus
The next day, I ran into STEM, I knew my squats were the best
But the attention was off me, for no one could chest press
Image result for squat

4 comments:

  1. This cracks me up! I want to know the story behind this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humorous poem - I applaud your persistence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Determination you have

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...