Friday, April 26, 2019

God Backwards by Veronika Waltner


Dogs are dumb,
though they are cute.
At this point I wish they were mute.
Even when I do call, they do not come.

Nuzzling one moment,
glaring another.
They can annoy like no other, 
bad with no atonement.

Zooming though the house
to and fro,
though their minds are slow.
They become like characters from Faust

A broken plate, a knocked over chair.
Their teeth are shining,
and fur is flying.
Though I'm screaming, its like I'm not even there.

They seem like dozens, although they only are two,
and left with the question, who owns who?




2 comments:

  1. With dogs, I think it's a mutual ownership, more of a friendship, really. Cats, on the other hand, definitely own the person.

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...