Thursday, April 18, 2019

A Box - For You By Sabena Burkhart


A Box - For You
By Sabena Burkhart

I brought you a box here to see
Colored and dipped by the sun
To wash away those bad days
I promise you'll be as good as new

Go ahead, open it up!
It's nothing scary I promise
I got the sun to shade it for me
And the stars to get it glitz and glimmer

There, you see, just at the bottom
The moon gave me a piece of a star
So you can fall in love with the light
Even in the dark

You can use it so the best outshines the worst
For when you wish you could immerse yourself into the sky
And let the stars dance upon your skin
Now the moon trusts you to hold it's shine
 And one day he will illuminate you,
 placing you among the stars

There under the rubble, and powder from the sky
You can see an elegant shell
I clutched it where the sea jewels
Flood upon the shore
Deeply ingrained in the driftwood
I saw it's golden hue
Almost earthen and muted

I thought you can use it
To speak to when you're alone
To have something that will listen
To everything and more
Hopefully, you can mumble to the shell,
 the words that you fear 
If they left your mouth too much 
Your lips would fall in ruin

And the last sunflower
I plucked from the fields
While the sun made sure
I got the final golden one
It's petals stretched to the sky
They stirred the clouds
The smell so rich of sweet, sickly sweet
Cutting through the delicate scent of morning dew

Most flowers are delicate
Fragile and breakable
And yet this one
This very sunflower
Stands as strong as the oak tree
It is bright and careless
Reckless in the way in moves
Following the sun
Despite knowing 
She could wilt one day
She turns her petaled head
To always face the light
And I find it quite perfect
That it reminds me of you

The world is not ending
It was merely a bad day
But for when you think
The earth might crumble at your feet
Look within this box
And you'll realize
 You've been here before
Many times the world has ended around you
Yet you've pushed through.

 You turn and ignore it
Because deep inside you know 
All of the bad days will be gone
and everything will 
begin anew
in the morning.


Image result for sunflower picturesImage result for happy pictures










2 comments:

  1. This poem is so amazing! Omg you are such a fantastic writer it's scary..

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...