Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Fall Drama- You Can't Take It With You by Tessa Gori











Penny and Paul (Claire Riley and Kasey Sentatore)
As you all probably already know due to the copious amounts of advertising, the fall drama, You Can't Take It With You, is this weekend. After preparing for months, the cast and crew are incredibly excited to be presenting this funny, crazy, classic show. If you choose to come see it (which you all should), you will be introduced to the Sycamore family; a band of wild cards where plays are written but never finished, rockets regularly explode from the basement, and snakes greet newcomers with friendly hisses. When the youngest daughter, Alice Sycamore (played by me) faces her persistent suitor, Mr. Anthony Kirby Jr. (played by Owen Welsh), Mr. Kirby Jr. assures Alice that he finds her family endearing, and he embraces them in all of their craziness. Tony's parents do not feel the same way. Tony Kirby comes from a sophisticated, well to-do family, opposite the Sycamores. So, Alice attempts to whip her family into shape to allow the Kirby family to believe that they are just like them, polite, well mannered and sophisticated. She goes crazy planning for an extravagant dinner party, however, when Tony brings his parents to dinner at the Sycamore house one night early, chaos ensues. Will they end up together despite their family's differences? Find out at the shows this Thursday (Nov. 29), Friday (Nov. 30), and Saturday (Dec. 1) all at 7. The cast and crew of this show have worked incredibly hard to bring these crazy characters and their setting alive. I hope to see you all there!
Alice and Tony
   On another note, I would like to write a bit about the experience I've had with this year's fall drama the past three months. This show has brought me closer to all of the people around me and allowed me to connect with my fellow actors on stage and off. Also, I've grown incredibly appreciative for all of our tech crew in realizing how much they do in order to see the show succeed. The on stage chemistry is unbelievable considering the close bonds we all share in real life. I'm so excited to perform it this weekend, and to further experience the team work it takes to produce such a wonderful show. We have truly grown to be a family the past three months and I'm so thankful for every cast and crew member.


1 comment:

  1. The show was fantastic and I'm so glad it's an awesome experience for you!

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...