Saturday, October 27, 2018

6 Last Minute Costumes That Should Win a Contest by Chloe Clancy

Every Halloween, there are the people who have their costume planned the second the date changes to October 1st, and the people who wait until the day of Halloween to plan a costume. Personally, I tend to procrastinate with my costume planning, and usually a week before Halloween, I'm stuck figuring out what I'm going to be, what I need to be it, and where I can find the stuff. Trust me, it's a stressful experience, so that's where I come in. I'm about to show you 6 of my favorite last-minute costumes that hopefully will help you with future planning. 

1. Fifty Shades of Gray 
Get your mind out of the gutter, it's not what you think! It's just a clever play on words, turned into a Halloween costume! All you need is to pick up a bunch of gray paint chips from your local Home Depot or Walmart and tape them all over your outfit. (Bonus points if you're wearing all gray)
 Image result for clever halloween costumes

2. Tourist
A fun and colorful outfit, and a spirit week favorite, turned into a costume! Dress yourself up in a Hawaiian shirt, floppy hat, sunglasses, and wear a camera (real or fake) around your neck. If you really want to go all out, wear a lei, and put a dab of sunscreen on your nose! 
Image result for diy hawaiian tourist costume

3. Ancient Roman 
This is a personal favorite of mine! All you need is a bed sheet, a piece of red fabric, sandals, and some sort of leaf headband. All you need to do is make a toga out of the bed sheet (Wiki-how has some great advice on how to do that), drape the fabric on your shoulder and  and put the headband around your head! 
Related image

4. Bob the Builder
I'm sure you've seen this costume on mostly toddlers and babies, but it'll definitely bring back a feeling of nostalgia! This one's actually really easy, you just need some overalls, a plaid shirt, work boots, a hard hat, and a tool of some sort (disclaimer: I am not promoting the carrying of tools with an intention of harming others, so don't do that).
Image result for bob the builder halloween costume

5. That one Arthur meme with his fist clenched at his side
Okay, I didn't know how to describe that one, but I can guarantee that 90% of you know what I'm talking about. You'll need a yellow sweater, jeans, and something to make a white frame with (cardboard works well). Cut the cardboard (or whatever else) to make a frame, and hold the frame up to your side, over your clenched fist, and you're done.
Image result for arthur hand meme

6. Jake from State Farm
If you've ever watched anything on TV ever, then you know where this iconic character comes from. Wear a red polo shirt, khakis, and a name tag that says "Jake from State Farm." This one's sure to get a laugh out of some people. 
 Image result for jake from state farm

Some of these might require a little more effort than intended, but hopefully these ideas can help someone. Oh, and don't be surprised if you see me on Halloween dressed as an ancient Roman!

5 comments:

  1. I actually might use one of these bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna go with the Jake from State Farm costume, always a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. albert einstein wants what you have

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, classic Jake from state farm

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are hysterical! I love the 50 shades idea. Did you come up with these yourself?

    ReplyDelete

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...