Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Camp Memory




Too many stars to remember all their names,
yet each night the sky’s still the same.
The same planes and planets like a twinkling seam just looking up there makes me want to dream.

I could stay there with friends all night
staring up at everything so bright,
feeling the night dew from each flower,
and wishing i could stay for one more hour.


But time moves too quickly there
we'd laugh away the hours without a care.
Now we're far from each other's sight.
Oh to be there one more night.
Time moves so swiftly now,
you can ask me, I don’t know how.

Things just seem to slip away but
my memories will never fade.


Something about the rolling hills
made everything around us seem so still.
But we still know that time keeps going,
all i wish was that it was slowing down.

And I still remember the way we smiled
it takes me back just for a little while.
And now everything is over
but we can run in fields of clover
dreaming about the way things used to be
in the perfect camp memory.











2 comments:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...