Thursday, April 11, 2019

Little Things by Sarah McGovern


I love my life.

I love the coffee I drink every morning with hazelnut creamer
and the conversations I have with my dad at the worn out kitchen table while I drink it. 

I love the way my stomach hurts from laughing too much,
the way only my best friends can make me laugh at the dumbest things.

I love how easily I forgive and the countless second chances I have given
because the amount of times it may have hurt me is worth it just for him to be in my life again. 

I love how the windows in my room look out to the woods
and the trees are the first thing I see when I wake up. 

I love the feeling of serenity I get watching the sunset from my back deck
and sitting around the fire pit with my family on summer nights.

I love playing my music too loud 
and getting lost in it just for a moment. 

I love taking my makeup off and looking in the mirror,
finally feeling confident in who I am. 

I love looking up at the stars,
letting myself become consumed by the thought of how small my problems are compared to everything.

I love the realization that where I am right now 
is somewhere I never thought I'd be and being overwhelmingly thankful that I got through it.

I love making the decision to be happy 
and letting go of things that are bad for me because life is way to short.

I love all the little things because at the end of the day
the little things add up and make life so amazing,

2 comments:

My Earliest Memory by Emma Cerra

When thinking back to my earliest memory, I wonder why I remembered it. It’s a really odd memory, hazy to the point where I feel like it cou...